Contact us now
RFOptic’s optical delay line ODL series provides a high performance solution for testing and calibration of radar systems, or for RF communication. The ODL converts analog RF signals in the 0.1-18 and GHz (20GHz with different gain flatness is also possible) range to optical signals and back.
The RF input signal is converted into an optical modulated signal, which is then transmitted into a single mode fiber, creating a fixed time delay defined by the fiber length. After passing the fiber, the optical signal is converted back into an electrical RF signal, which is identical to the input RF signal. Any fixed time delay between 0.1 and 300 μsec can be provided to customers. The ODL is operated as a standalone unit with no need for any intervention by the operator – it can be also controlled externally from a PC through various communication interfaces. RFOptic’s ODL unit is a compact solution, which provides superb performance including accurate time delay and with ultra silent operation. The ODL can be purchased with an integral switch unit supporting up to 8 predefined time delay values in a single ODL unit. There are 4 basic configurations that are illustrated below.
• Next Generation RFoF modules with significant performances improvement.
• Supports up to 0.01 - 18 GHz.
• Better linearity, excellent gain flatness, and Tx, Rx and Link gain control.
• Noise Figure down to 6 dB with LNA with MDS ~168 dB/Hz for very low incoming signals.
• Internal microcontroller and Optical control enabled by Software.
• End-to-end Diagnostics reduces installation and maintenance time, enabled by Software.
• Gain variation S21(fo) of ±1 dB for 90 °C variation, utilizing special algorithm.
• Remote Management by GUI installed on PC.
• Impedances of 50 Ohms and 75 Ohm.